Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ilia and the Sweet Kiss


I have always been a fan of glosses and balm, but lipsticks and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love the color but cannot bear how drying they seem.  I wrote about Ilia before.    Ilia is a company I have great respect for.  They make "clean" and wonderful cosmetics that I feel safe using.

Our skin is our largest organ, and can absorb just about anything we put to its surface. ILIA is formulated with this in mind, and dedicated to creating the purest products possible. The ethical-sustainable approach embodied in each piece is filled with certified organic bio-active botanicals that nourish and rejuvenate the skin.The quality of the product is mirrored in its packaging. All cream lip products are housed in a sleek recycled aluminum case. Each product is filled with up to 85% bioactive organic ingredients. A combination of on trend pigments and super nourishing elements has set ILIA apart from the conventions of organic beauty.ILIA launched its first collection of 6 Tinted Lip Conditioners in Vancouver, Canada in 2011. The philosophy behind the now LA based brand grew from the curiosity of understanding the ingredients on the back of a lipstick box a few years prior by its founder, Sasha Plavsic.\Contrary to many organic cosmetic brands on the market at that time, Sasha referred to her roots in branding and focused on the visual aesthetic of the line. Once the contemporary packaging was in place, it was important that the quality of the product performance stood out as something new and unique in the beauty industry. From here, she sought out several chemists and an organic supplier to create an ethical product and maintain full visibility from start to finish.



I was on the search for a new lip item to take me into fall.  I don't do a dramatic lip because it just does not feel like me.  I also, as mentioned, crave moisture.  I was delighted to find the Tinted Lip Conditioners from Ilia.   My personal favorite is the color, Nobody's Baby.  Nobody's Baby is described as the "perfect nude for any occasion." I could not describe it any more accurately than that.  I use this color every single day.  It uses organic ingredients and 100 natural dye to make a color you will find yourself reaching for again and again.  I love the subtle vanilla scent and this gives me the love-child of a lipstick and a balm. Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners  soothe and condition lips and the colors come out sheer and you can choose the intensity with how much you apply.  I can wear this during day time or night and I am a sucker for the glamorous click when I close the tube.   We have a winner!  And best yet, no nasty chemicals I have to worry about ingesting.  Ilia can you ever do wrong?  I predict a Product Mommy wish list of more colors of this fabulous line of Tinted Lip Conditioners  .

1 comment:

Search This Blog