Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Scented Journey



I heard about Olivine when looking for natural, beautifully crafted scents.  If you read this blog, you know I am obsessed with scent.  Like a blood hound, my nose guides me.  Nice imagery, I know.  Let me tell you about these little beauties...

I had the opportunity to try the seven scents currently offered by Julie, the creator of Olivine.  Her obsession began as a child and she is continuing with her craft.

For the last 20+ years I have been helping women look, feel and smell beautiful.
I make perfume because I love it.  
I love the way it makes me feel when I put it on...Sexy, Free, Alive, Sassy, Alluring, Comforted, Happy.
Somewhere along the way I learned with 100% certainty that SELF LOVE is the way to absolute happiness.  If you are madly in love with yourself then you can do anything and be anything.  
And if one drop of perfume puts a smile on your face...causes you to hold your head a little higher...puts a slight twinkle in your eye...inspires you to put a little swing in your hips when you walk...Then I have done my job.
All of the scents were truly ethereal experiences for me.  I will try to capture this magic (but don't count it, these are that good).  Each perfume is inspired by a story.  

Bluebird is a limited edition fragrance with neroli, stargazer lily and blood orange.  This is a very innocent and comforting everyday perfume for me.  Full Regalia is a musky vanilla with many layers (wear this to tempt even the most resistant).  Olivine is deep, earthy, like fresh earth covered in rain with a layer of ozone.  Oxley is romantic, with notes of jasmine, and and a tropical edge of gardenia.  It persuades people to want to get another sniff to see what that intoxicating scent could be.  While I love all of them, there were three stand-outs that fit me personally.  

She Belongs There smells like you just walked into a deserted island covered in gardenia, pikake and lush jasmine with vanilla thrown in to round it out.  It is your honeymoon, your romantic getaway and your me-time all in a fragrance.  More Than The Stars opens with almond, but the gardenia and lily come through.  I was surprised at how much I liked More Than The Stars.  It is one of the most comforting scents I have ever worn.  It makes me want to take in and enjoy how rich life is.  Among the Waves is my hands-down absolute favorite.  I have spent every summer on the beach and this is the beach captured in fragrance.  This is that wonderful feeling of sun-kissed skin after the shower washes away the ocean and sand and you go and sit on the beach and look at the beauty around you.  It has coconut, lily, and even salt. Among the Waves is as close to being on the beach as you can get without actually being there.

I cannot recommend these scents enough!  They are beautifully hand-crafted, and each one is a sensory experience.  You can buy them as EDP or Oil.  I opt for oil since it is pure scent.  If you want to try them all and see which one works for you, be sure and grab the EDP Sample Set, and sail away.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog