Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thank you Fairy Much


I have a little thing for fairies.  I absolutely love anything fairy-related.  When I was tasked with planning a five-year old's birthday party, and my daughter requested Flower Fairies, I knew I needed some inspired ideas.  Fairy Parties by Colleen Mullaney is full of ideas to bring a flower celebration to life.  

Fairy Parties spills over with magical party themes, simple recipes, easy-to-follow craft projects, fun games, and imaginative costumes. These activities and treats will keep fairy partygoers entertained for hours as they pin roses on wings, dance around in sparkly slippers, or lick frosting off fairy-wing cupcakes. With gorgeous color photographs throughout and ideas for additional decorations and activities at the back, this fabulous book includes everything necessary to create a truly enchanting experience.

We used ideas from  Fairy Parties to make sure everything from the food to decor was spot on.  We gave fairy wings and fairy crayon-rolls to the girls, and made sure the boys were in on the fun with gnome crayons.

I had my father get us some log ends to use as "plates" for the homemade cupcakes.  I made tons of paper flowers from tissue-paper.  I even went outside to get branches to paint and glitter so guests felt like they were in a fairy forest.  We have a small home so we had to go to another venue, but I made sure we made our fairy mark.

The kids were overjoyed.  I was glad  that Fairy Parties  gave me ideas I would never have thought of.  I look forward to throwing more parties with this versatile and fun theme.  My daughter has her heart set on a fairy tea-party coming soon.  It will be just as magical and fun to create with so much inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog