Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Naturally Scented Delight

Synthetic scents can be irritating to some people, and not-surprisingly, some are severly allergic. We scent our home with natural oils from Aura Cacia. Aura Cacia uses an ethical and sustainable sourcing program for their oils, using the most natural and organic oils as possible; while avoiding 100% synthetic-derived ingredients whenever possible. Aura Cacia really does make the best oils around. We have so many, that my husband jokes about my essential oil addiction. They really do bestow a sense of calm, so many of the oils have multiple uses.

The Calming Nursery Blend is a great way to add peace to a fussy child's room. The blend of chamomile, ylang-ylang and marjoram are the perfect foil to nighttime tantrums. We use the Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Room Diffuser in most rooms of our home to add peaceful scents, and to avoid synthetic scented products that irritate my husband.

I use the Sweet Orange Oil for everything from cleaning stains on tile, to removing glue and even diffusing to add a little happiness to our air.

Fighting late winter and spring colds? Why not try the Medieval Mix? During the dark ages, physicians and grave robbers alike protected themselves from the Black Death with the aromatic herbs of lavender, thyme, and rosemary. It smells divine, and I love the haunting tale behind it.

Chill Pill is my way of relaxing Orange, peppermint and basil help relieve the mind of its burdens, while lavender, patchouli and chamomile cool off the emotions. I burn this while reading, and it calms me down so I can get some much-needed sleep.

Purify uses sage, peppermint, patchouli and tea tree to really "purify" the air. I used this oil to clean (diluted) with and diffused some after a particularly bad stomach flu.

Lavender Harvest is my very favorite. This is the oil that is usually emanating through my home year-round. I once had a school-mother ask me why I always smelled so good, and I realize it was the Lavender Harvest I had burned that morning. All the items I sew and make have something a little special because of this. My daughter and nephews ask for this one by name because it really relaxes the mood in my home...and we are lavender freaks.
With so many benefits to using essential oils, I know you will be an Aura Cacia user and lover. There is really the perfect blend for whatever your mood, or to set the mood and make your home and life a happier more peaceful place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog