Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Love OBento



There is really nothing worse when foods that are supposed to be nice and cold are actually warm and soggy. I generally am not a big fan of ice packs after more than one mishap where they explode, thereby contaminating the cooler. My daughter is a huge fan of cut-up apples with lemon juice on them. She asks for that for her school snack every single day. It was around this same time that I got very interested in Bento Box lunches ( more to follow on that in a few days) and I found I Love OBento. I Love OBento are the winners of the 2006 Good Design Award. They carry cooling-gel Japanese Bento Lunch Boxes. The tops are filled with insulating gel, just store the lid in the freezer overnight, then attach to your lunch in the morning. Your lunch will be kept a safe temperature for hours. The box itself is microwave and dishwasher safe, and you wash the lids by hand. All plastics are certified Lead free, BPA free and Phthalate free.

I love the bright color of the Hokkaido box we have, and am super-excited to try the Gel-Cool Plus that are made with wind-power. I feel safe with my daughter using her Hokkaido box because I know it is not full of chemicals, and I especially love that there is not way for her to get to the gel pack (as kids are known to do). Her lunch stays nice and cold, and she stays happy. It is a win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog