Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mamaroots



I love finding wonderful Etsy sellers with unique products. One of my new favorites is Mamaroots. Mamaroots sells wonderfully creative wooden figures, moleskin journals, story dice, etc. She is a mom herself who is inspired by the Waldorf old tradition of toy-making. I was intrigued when I saw her handmade wooden pomegranate. I love pomegranates and really consider them one of the most beautiful fruits. Mamaroots makes her figures from poplar and then finishes them with 100% natural beeswax polish made from local beeswax and organic jojoba oil. We got an adorable pomegranate, a bigfoot figure (my pic does not do them justice), and a moleskin journal. My daughter immediately commandeered the journal to fill with her 2 year old musings (drawings). It is wonderfully made and I feel lucky to have something I can save with my daughter's little creative spurts inside. I was reluctant to give her the pomegranate (I wanted it!), but she loves making me fruit salads and juice. The wooden figures are super creative and so soft and smooth. We love them! Mamaroots is so creative and even has her own children's story book. Check out this Etsy shop for unique and fun gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog