Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Plan Toys

The first time I saw Plan Toys was at a local shop. I fell in love with the simple designs and the fact that my daughter could use something entirely safe for her. It was wonderful to find wooden toys that were easily accessible. Plan Toys are all made from rubberwood from natural rubber trees that no longer produce latex. No fertilizer is added to the tree for three years before it is cut, producing pure wood. All of the wood is kiln dried, and all of their toys are painted with water based non-toxic dyes, and use E-Zero glue in place of wood glues. Plan toys uses recycled and recyclable materials , and soy and water-based inks on any printed material to lower their impact on the environment. They even use solar energy and bio-fuel to power their machinery. Their toys are so wonderful and environmentally conscious. All of their toys are educational and help in the development of your child's young mind. One of my favorites is the Stacking Tree which is beautiful in its own right, but has the bonus of helping my daughter to learn her color variation and size as she tries to place the pieces from largest to the smallest on top. This is the kind of toy we like having out, because it is almost a design piece. .
Since our first purchase of the Tree, we have gone on to purchase many items from the line including their Fruit and Vegetable Set (that velcroes together and that my daughter can really pretend to cut) and their Food and Beverage Set. The items are well made, and can stand up to even the toughest child. Any child that loves pretending to cook definitely needs the Plan Toys food. Perhaps my most exciting find, was their Animal Memo Set. I was looking for something sturdier than the cardboard Memory games out there. I was overjoyed when I found these wooden tiles and even more excited that they were animals. My daughter uses these almost everyday to play memory games, or talk about the animals on the tiles, and even to learn colors.

I look forward to seeing what Plan Toys comes out with as my daughter grows. You can become a fan of Plan Toys on Facebook, and find out about new products and deals. Stay tuned for a Product Mommy Plan Toys giveaway as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog