Monday, July 2, 2018

Canyon Coffee Wakes me Up!



Nothing wakes you up like an amazing cup of coffee.  I know there are doubters, but bear with me here,  Caffeine-friendly, or a decaf kind of person, you will find your cuppa with Canyon Coffee.  Started by who might be the most beautiful couple ever, this coffee company is dedicated to pleasing every palette.  

Good coffee takes love, and that starts on the farm with the people growing and tending to the beans. It's our aspiration to have relationships with farms so we can help ensure the well-being of the farmers and their families whose livelihood depends on the coffee trade. That aspiration became real with our first visit to Guatemala in February 2018 to meet farmers and start to establish friendships with producers.

I was sent both the Decaf Tatama and the Limu Cosa, Ethiopia.  I was all "yeah, I only do decaf." Then, a few days in, as I savored my last drops of decaf, I had to try the fully fueled Limu Cosa.  The Decaf Tatama is so chocolatey, that it feels almost sinful to be drinking it.  the taste is amazing, simply put. It is Swiss Water Processed.  What does that all mean? read below:
ABOUT:  This is an organic Colombia decaf Excelso from the village of Apia in the Risaralda district of Armenia. The coffee was produced by the Asociacion de Cultivadores de Apia. ABOUT SWISS WATER PROCESS: The Swiss Water® Process uses pure green coffee extract and proprietary carbon technology to remove caffeine from green coffee beans. The beans are first soaked in very hot water and caffeine is leached out of the beans' cellular material to create green coffee extract. The solution is then passed through a carbon filter. They have specified the pore size of the carbon to match the caffeine molecule to ensure only the caffeine is trapped when the caffeine is captured from the green coffee extract. The Swiss Water Process is certified organic and 100% chemical free. In addition, they are also certified Kosher by the Kosher Overseers Association. 

I did not think anything could be better and then I went to the Limu Cosa, Ethiopia.  It has notes of peaches, caramel and molasses. 

This coffee took the case in a series of blind cuppings, tasting seasonal beans from all over the world.
Limu Kosa comes from a family-owned farm that has been growing coffee for over 40 years. The beans were grown at an altitude between 1800-2200 meters. Process: washed. Certifications: organic. 
I am officially addicted to Canyon Coffee now.  It tastes so much purer and refined than anything I have ever tried.  I love that it is a small company and that they are so involved with their suppliers.  You really won't find a better cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog