Friday, April 8, 2016

At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen

Eating healthy is something that is important to me, and something I sometimes have a hard time doing.  When we joined a CSA, I would often find myself with ingredients I was unsure what to do with.  While we do eat meat, I have strong vegetarian and vegan leanings.  I need to make sure that what I make is appetizing and enticing enough to tempt my staunch meat-eating family.  I love vegetables and with the CSA, we have an abundance year round.  At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen by Amy Chaplin really does "celebrate the art of eating well." It is a winner of the prestigious "James Beard Foundation Book Award."

With her love of whole food and knowledge as a chef, Amy Chaplin has written a book that will inspire you to eat well at every meal, every day, year round.If you are an omnivore, you will delight in this book for its playful use of produce and know-how in balancing food groups. If you are a vegetarian, this book will become your best friend, always there for you when you’re on your own, and ready to lend a hand when you’re sharing food with family and friends. If you are a vegan, you can cook nearly every recipe in this book and feed your body well in the truest sense. This is whole food for everyone. 

We have already enjoyed many recipes from this book.  The Tempeh Portobello burgers had my daughter asking for seconds.  I take the Shaved Fennel and Beet salad for lunch.  When we received a celery root, I made a delicious Creamy Cauliflower and Celery Root Soup that warmed both body and soul on a snow day.

At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen is full of recipes for the kind of food you and your family want to be eating.  It has stayed in my cookbook stand for weeks now and I plunder it for new delights to enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog