Monday, June 15, 2015

Kahina Prickly Pear Seed Oil




Kahina Giving Beauty   is a Product Mommy blog favorite brand.  I have yet to try a product that I do not fall instantly and hopelessly in love with.  This brand is notorious for their fabulous products and their compassionate and charitable treatment of the women of the Berber women of Morocco.

The Prickly Pear Seed Oil is for those looking for a more dense and even more of a moisturizing boost than the Kahina Argan Oil.



Extremely rich in amino acids, Vitamin K, essential fatty acids and antioxidants, prickly pear seed oil has been shown to:• Moisturize and soften skin• Restore elasticity• Neutralize free radicals that cause signs of aging• Brighten undereye circles and minimize spider veinsRicher in weight and texture than argan oil, prickly pear seed oil is ideal for dry, mature skin types. Kahina Prickly Pear Seed Oil is 100% organic and sourced in very small batches at the same cooperative that produces our argan oil. Read more about our sourcing here.  Other common names for this oil include Barbary fig seed oil, Indian fig seed oil, and prickly cactus seed oil.  Our oil is cold first pressed from the seeds and is not to be confused with macerated extracts of the flowers or fruits of the prickly pear cactus. Note: oil's natural scent is reminiscent of hay.

I think this Prickly Pear Seed Oil is perfect for dryer and mature skins.  I am not quite ancient yet, but especially after this interminable winter, my skin needs the extra TLC that this oil offers.  I actually love the scent.  There is something very familiar and lovely about it.  I tend to use this more at night because it is heavier and therefore not the best idea for my day look.  Simply put, I am a fan.  I have also noticed an unexpected result of using this oil; my Uncle Fester under-eyes circles have seemed to fade and go away.  That alone makes this a miracle for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog