Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Back in The Day Bakery Made With Love

I admit it; there is just something so comforting about good old fashioned handmade treats.  When I was sent Back In the Day Bakery Made With Love to review, I was not sure what I would find inside that would inspire me to bake in this humidity.  I was soon proven wrong.

Cheryl and Griffith Day, authors of the New York Times bestselling Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook, are back with more recipes to make with love. Who needs store-bought when baking things at home is so gratifying? In this follow-up to their smash-hit first book, the Days share ways to lovingly craft not only desserts, but also breakfast pastries, breads, pizza, and condiments. The book features more than 100 new recipes, including some of the bakery’s most requested treats, such as Star Brownies and the Cakette Party Cake, as well as savories like Chive Parmigiano-Reggiano Popovers and Rosemary Focaccia. Cheryl and Griff share their baking techniques and also show readers how to put together whimsical decorations, like a marshmallow chandelier and a best-in-show banner. With pure delight woven throughout the pages, Back in the Day Bakery Made with Love is sure to please Cheryl and Griff’s fans nationwide.

I love that whole layout and design of this cookbook, not to mention the recipes.  It makes you want to buy a plane ticket and visit their bakery in Savannah Georgia.  I love that so many of the recipes are inspired by southern traditions from their families.  They are delicious and real works of love.  This book does focus a bit more on the savories than the sweets, but that works just fine for me.  We made the Cornbread Raspberry muffins last week and they were a treat for both breakfast and with a baked chicken dinner.

If you love to bake or simply love eating good food, you have to grab this book.  I assure you that the pages will be well-loved within days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog