Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Province Apothecary

For me, finding a good skincare line is akin to striking it rich!  I love when I can find a brand who feels the way I do about safe skincare using the best ingredients.  Province Apothecary has me swooning.

Our name Province Apothecary comes from our desire to source organic ingredients from each Canadian Province, including: organic seaweed from Nova Scotia; maple syrup from Quebec; organic sunflower oil from Ontario; organic beeswax from Alberta; organic lentil flour from Manitoba; organic raspberry oil and glacial clay from British Columbia. From across Canada: lavender essential oil, black spruce essential oil, oatmeal flour, organic flax, broccoli oil.Province Apothecary’s handcrafted, organic skin care is gentle + healing. We believe that plant-based, synthetic-free ingredients will nourish + balance your skin, giving you a radiant + vibrant complexion.All of our products are free of petroleum, parabens, synthetic fragrances + chemicals, dyes, pesticides and GMOs. The skin is the largest organ of the body; it absorbs nutrients and eliminates waste. Never apply anything to your skin you would not eat.Province Apothecary’s founder Julie Clark is a Holistic Health Practitioner and Aromatherapist. PA was born out of Julie’s passion for holistic skin care. 

 Province Apothecary is one of those lines I always hear about, and when my package arrived I squealed with joy!  Each product was amazing and I found myself trawling the site to figure out what to get next.  The Regenerating + Stimulating Exfoliator is heaven-scent.  It can be mixed with other ingredients like honey or yogurt according to your skin type.  This masterpiece is perfect for all skin types.  What does it do:
Gently exfoliates and hydrates your skin
Oatmeal calms, softens and nourishes
Green tea stimulates and rejuvenates the skin; giving you a healthy glow
Lavender calms irritation and heals blemishes
Made from organic food that we grind by hand
Biodegradable + safe to use at the cottage or camping
Safe to eat!

I am in love with the scent and how well this works.  

The Repairing + Conditioning Lip Balm is a mix of moisture and relaxation for your lips (seriously this stuff is like aromatherapy for me).  It cured my sun-burnt lips in one day!  I also found myself wanting to inhale the gorgeous sample I got of Parfum Botanique .  There are six scents to choose from; I got No. 23 which is an intoxicating blend of lavender, Candian Black Spruce and Canadian Pine.  Heaven!

The real clear winning product for me is the Invigorating + Balancing Toner.   Can we say obsessed? I am the first to admit that though I like what witch hazel does, I am not a fan of its slight scent.  Somehow, like a skincare magicigan, Julie Clark has managed to make this toner have the witch hazel powerhouse with a scent I cannot resist.  Goodbye hormonal breakouts!  This little powerhouse:
Restores skin’s natural pH
Astringent properties of Witch hazel shrink pores and blemishes
Rose water reduces inflammation and redness
Clary sage and geranium stimulate and tighten skin
Lavender and calendula heal and hydrate

I am looking forward to trying so much more from this line.  I am also wishing I could just pop in and take a look at how Ms. Clark creates her magic.  Until then, I will order away.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog