Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Creative Ideas to Organize Your Home


  In college I was like Monica from Friends, a little anal about cleanliness and organization.  With a child, that persona is gone. If the kiddos are not already back in school, then they are pretty close.   Now is the time where I like to take a minute, take a deep breath and....clean the heck out of my house.  Having the kids home is a blessing, but those little mites sure to do make a mess. Even if you're homeschooling, you can benefit from a little reorganization. Creative Ideas to Organize Your Home by Linda Peterson is there to help.
Here is a wonderful collection of 50 step-by-step projects which will help you to bring a sense of order to your home. Author Linda Peterson shows you how to upcycle old baking tins into a three-tiered storage rack and metal trays into memo boards, repurpose a kitchen grater into a jewellery stand and create drawer tidies from baby food jars. Create special storage containers for all your crafting supplies, plus handy binders for magazines, hanging racks, cable tidies, and a cute tool caddy. Wherever you need small-scale storage solutions - from the kitchen to the bathroom, the bedroom to the study - you will find a stylish, crafty solution in this book.

You may be amazed at how a few neat ideas can change your home into the orderly escape you always dreamed of.  I like that this book brings out my creative side while helping me to keep my chaos in order.
I had my dad help (he is the handyman) and made a vintage knob rack. We actually used a rung from a very old ladder that has been sitting outside.  I used a repurposed place and candle stand to make a little place for my perfumes (which was badly needed as they were taking up tons of dresser real-estate).

I love that Creative Ideas to Organize Your Home encourages you to use items you have at home and repurpose to make things organized.  Cleanliness is next to...sanity (at least for me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog