Friday, July 18, 2014

Scrub Your Troubles Away


Summer does a number on skin.  Between the beach and the pool, my skin is dry, dry, dry.  I am so glad I found Nyakio. Nyakio Kamoche Grieco is the founder of the nyakio™ brand, 

a collection of beauty products inspired by her family’s secrets and created for all skin types, all ages and all ethnicities. Nyakio is a first-generation American of Kenyan descent. Inspired by her family of medicine men, farmers and educators, Nyakio created the nyakio™ brand to share her family beauty secrets. Nyakio was most influenced by her maternal grandfather, a medicine man, and by her namesake paternal grandmother, who lived on a sustainable coffee and sugarcane farm. Nyakio carefully selects the best naturally effective African ingredients that have been used by generations for their hydrating, revitalizing, smoothing and anti-aging benefits. Nyakio combines these good-for-you ingredients with modern, result-driven formulas to deliver superb multi-tasking products, formulated without parabens or sulfates. 

I am gaga for a few of her amazing products.  I love the  Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub.


Wake your skin up with this unique fusion of kenyan coffee beans, sugar, mongongo nut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil and avocado oil, that removes dull skin while smoothing, moisturizing and revealing more youthful-looking skin.Nyakio’s family secret: Nyakio’s namesake grandmother worked on her sustainable coffee farm, and after spending the day outdoors under the sun, she would boil down coffee beans with honey and apply the grounds to her skin using a sugarcane rod to exfoliate and soften her skin.

The Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub really invigorates my skin and makes it so soft, plus it smells amazing.  I use this after I have spent too much time in the pool and my skin needs a boost.  I know it will be a winter saviour as well.  Bye dry skin and hello glow!

The other product that has me gushing to friends is the Hydrating Lip Balm with Kola Nut.
Ivory Coast Kola Nut, the African Miracle Oil, Marula, South African Trichilia Oil and Honey combine in this luxurious lip treatment to immediately comfort and soften dry lips for the ultimate lip hydration.Nyakio’s family secret:

  • The use of oils in skincare has been part of Nyakio's family rituals for generations. Oils were also often used in celebrations (baptisms, weddings, rites of passage) to adorn those being celebrated.
  • This lip balm smells (and tastes) just like honey.  One application lasts me all night.  I don't think this tube has left my side since the day I got it.  My daughter is obsessed with it too, which is great because in Winter she usually looks like she had three sets of lips (she is constantly licking her lips).  

    I love that each item in the brand has a history and story, and I cannot wait to try more.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Search This Blog