Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CV Skinlabs and the Sunburn Rescue


I am a complete devotee of sunscreen, but even the most meticulous application still inevitably leaves me burnt.  I worship the sun, and the beach and a recent trip to Bermuda had me paying homage all day long.  I walked into our room and my face was F-R-I-E-D.  I knew I had to treat it with tender care to avoid major skin damage.  I was lucky to have some award winning CV Skinlabs products in my arsenal.


According to CV Skinlabs founder, Britta Aragon, “Sensitive skin is more at risk from exposure to toxic chemicals, not only because it’s susceptible to irritation, but because these chemicals can more easily penetrate skin’s malfunctioning outer layer and get inside the body.”Unfortunately, most personal care products and cosmetics contain potentially harmful ingredients, some of which have been shown in studies to be carcinogenic or to disrupt normal hormone function. Considering skin’s vulnerability and the overwhelming presence of daily chemicals and irritants, it’s important for those with sensitive skin to use only safe, nurturing formulas free of harsh detergents, fragrances and dyes, or other irritants.

All of  CV Skinlabs  products are perfect for even the most sensitive skin.  They are also all free of common skin irritants such as : synthetic fragrances & dyes, parabens, formaldehyde, 1,4-dioxiane, hydroquinone, phthalates, mineral oil/petrolatum, silicones, propylene glycol, SLS/SLES, PEG/PPG, triclosan, disodium EDTA, hydroquinone, talc, MEA-DEA-TEA or chemical sunscreens.


I was amazed at the results after using Calming Moisture for Face, Neck and Scalp.  This "magic" lotion is full of antioxidants.  It moisturizes deeply, and calms redness.  I had little to no peeling which was a real surprise (this had never been the case before now).  It was my everyday miracle worker.  I was surprised that something that felt so light could work so well.  I have normal/combo skin with red cheeks.  I was simply amazed.  All of our burnt skin benefited.


The Restorative Skin Balm was a saviour for dried lips and even worked to fix a scar my daughter had from a fall right before the trip.  It contains seabuckthorn oil, and it gives skin the TLC it needs (can we say "burnt shoulders").   I also love that it is completely petrolatum free.

 I don't think I can ever travel without this duo. I also think cold New England winters have met their match!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog