Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mascara, Foundation...Kjaer Weis, Oh My!

Since breaking out on the the eco-beauty scene a few years ago, Kjaer Weis has become synonymous with quality, luxury and beauty. The line created by NY makeup-artist Kristin Kjaer Weis. The high-quality cases were created by Marc Atlan;  they are bold metal compacts that are refillable. You would hard-pressed to find a makeup case that does not have at least one Kjaer Weis product inside.  I have written about this amazing brand on more than one occasion.  The love affair continues for me with two of the newer products, the mascara, and the foundation.  Kjaer Weis has hit a home-run with both of these new additions.

Let's discuss the mascara.

- 99.8% of all agriculturally derived ingredients in this Mascara are from organic sources.- Our organic formula glides on easily, creating incredible length and volume to lashes.- Specially designed wand applies just the right amount of mascara for a natural, clump free look.- Mascara is packaged for 3 months of use to avoid bacteria build up.
How does it work?  Well, it lasts all day, no clumps and I am a sucker for the fabulous packaging.  Like all Kjaer Weis products, you buy the applicator and mascara first, then refills when you run out.   This definitely lengthened my lashes, and it has a delicious yet subtle herbal scent.  I am not usually a fan of wands like this, but for some reason, this one just works for me.  I have no flaking at the end of the day either (a huge bonus).  I have sensitive eyes so I really can only use natural mascara, and this "clean" version knocks it out of the park for me.

 The foundation comes in a wide array of colors to match most skin tones.  This definitely covers everything, without caking your face.  I find it to be moisturizing and a great foil for the days when my skin is not behaving.
  • No artificial ingredients, such as petroleum, parabens, artificial coloring orfragrance, petrochemical emulsifiers.
  • NOT tested on animals
  • Gluten-FREE
IngredientsCertified Organic:Of the agriculturally derived ingredients in this product, a minimum 95% comes from organic farming. Contains luxurious, organic ingredients such as:
  • Sweet Almond Seed Oil: A natural emollient used to moisturize and promote skin elasticity.
  • Coconut Oil: A natural moisturizer for the skin.
  • Jojoba Seed Oil: Rich in fatty acids, which promote skin elasticity and reduce signs of aging.
My skin loves coconut oil.  As someone who rarely ever wore foundation, I find myself reaching for this every day.  I wear the lightest color which is aptly names: Like Porcelain.  And again, the packaging,!  Amazing! You can apply with a foundation brush or clean hands (hands are my favorite makeup tools).




If you are tired of your winter "tan" be sure and grab a Cream Blush (or two).  They last all day (no re-touch needed for me).  I find that "clean" cream blushes are the only ones I can ever say that with.  Makes you think.  Kjaer Weis Cream Blush is:
  • CCPB Certified Organic
  • NO artificial ingredients, such as petroleum, parabens, artificial coloring and fragrance, petrochemical emulsifiers.
  • NOT tested on animals
  • Gluten FREE
  • This product is not vegan
Certified Organic: Of the agriculturally derived ingredients in this product, a minimum 95% comes from organic farming.Contains luxurious, organic ingredients such as: 


  • Castor Seed Oil: This product is not vegan Strengthens the skin.
  • Beeswax: Nourishes and moisturizes, wonderful for drier complexions .
  • Jojoba Seed Oil: Adds moisture to the skin .
  • Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil: Excellent tissue regeneration properties; fights signs of aging.
  • Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract: Antioxidant; works as a natural preservative .


I have recently added Desired Glow and Abundance to my collection. Desired Glow gives skin a subtle tan look.  You can see it not blended and blended into my pale skin above.  It is great for your temples, a slight blushing cheek.  You friends will be asking where you just came home from (no one has to know it was the corner store).


Abundance is holy grail status for me.  It is described as a plummy taupe with an iridescent finish.  I describe it as heaven on my face.  I look well-rested and glowy when I wear it.  No description can do it justice and works amazingly on all skin tones.  I wear it almost every single day.  It is not a shade I would have normally reached for, but I underestimated Kjaer Weis.  



"Clean" up your cosmetics and wallow in the luxury and quality of Kjaer Weis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog