Monday, August 13, 2012

Organized Simplicity


The folks at BetterWay Books know that sometimes we all need a little guidance when it comes to organizing, cleaning, home care, home improvement and simple living.  This summer, I decided to get my house in gear.  I realized that all of our possessions were taking us hostage.  I would get rid of things here and there, but I was definitely not committing to simplifying. I got the books Organized Simplicity: A Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living

Remove the clutter and create a life that is more intentional. Organized Simplicity shows you how by teaching you how to identify purpose in your life—from the way you spend your time and money to the way you use your belongings and your home. Author Tsh Oxenreider walks you through a simple, ten-day process that will completely refresh and reorganize your home. And the changes you make will be lasting because they are specific to your lifestyle and your values. As Tsh says, simple living is all about “living holistically with your life’s purpose.

After reading this, I realized where my issues were.  The helpful lists and ideas that Oxenreider suggested, gave me a new approach to becoming organized.  Within days of beginning, I felt better and more clear-headed.  Oxenreider talks about what prompted her to do this.  She was moving abroad and could only bring certain things with her.  I pretended we were in the same scenario.  I bought basket to sort my daughter's toys.  She soon learned that everything had a place.  I really watched to see which toys and items were precious to us.  I packed items in a box and when we did not touch or need anything in there for a long period of time, I donated them.  Organized Simplicity: A Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living is a breath of fresh air.  I can enjoy my family in a soothing environment.  The "stuff" just does not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog