Monday, January 16, 2012

Plenty


I stopped making New Year's resolutions a long time ago. I love food, so pretending I am going to exist on water and crackers is not an option. Delicious, healthy food, makes life a whole lot easier. I am head over heels for Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi. It is a cookbooks full of fabulous recipes that are all vegetable-based.

Yotam Ottolenghi is one of the most exciting new talents in the cooking world, with four fabulous, eponymous London restaurants and a weekly newspaper column that's read by foodies all over the world. Plenty is a must-have collection of 120 vegetarian recipes featuring exciting flavors and fresh combinations that will delight readers and eaters looking for a sparkling new take on vegetables. Yotam's food inspiration comes from his Mediterranean background and his unapologetic love of ingredients. Not a vegetarian himself, his approach to vegetable dishes is wholly original and innovative, based on freshness and seasonality, and drawn from the diverse food cultures represented in London. A vibrant photo accompanies every recipe in this visually stunning book. Essential for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike!

There recipes are all one better than the next. It got to the point recently when we decided to grow our own parsley and mint indoors, because Plenty has it in so many recipes that I was craving to try. I have literally been cooking my way through this book, and have not once been disappointed. I feel good after eating!

This butternut squash with lime segments and greek yogurt was so good that my daughter finished my portion before I could. We took our pumpkins from Halloween and roasted them according to another recipe, which taught my daughter not to waste and enjoy the harvest. My favorite recipe in this book has to be the Quinoa and Sourdough Bread Salad. The citrus and vinegar make the tomatoes pop and how can anyone resist quinoa?
I love showing my daughter how easy cooking and eating healthy can be. I do not believe in hiding vegetables in food to trick her. They have been a part of her diet from day one. Plenty gives so many new and delicious ways to enjoy those vegetables and cooking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog