Thursday, November 3, 2011

Made to Play!


It must seem like I am harping on this, but winter is fast approaching. My daughter has a wonderful vivid imgination, but she does get bored, especially when we are home-bound with 14 inches of snow on the ground outside. This year, I am ready for it. I have tons of ideas and crafts planned for maximum fun. Made to Play! by Joel Henrigues is full of ideas for projects made from paper, cloth and even wood.
Overall, the projects here are meant to stimulate imagination, build confidence through success and enjoyment, and enhance the bond between family and friends through the creation of unique, artistic handmade toys and crafts.

Many if not most of the projects in Made to Play! can be done using scrap materials, which also means less waste for you. My dad and I made the Small Wooden Animals (which fit into a mint tin. I had him cut them out from a piece of scrap wood and I used a simple wood-burning tool to make their faces and spots. My daughter and I made the Animal Finger puppets together, and we had out own puppet show. We now bring the Small Wooden Animals with us on outings because they are so compact, yet provide hours of fun.
I love having more ideas in my arsenal for making everyday full of creativity and fun for my little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog