Monday, November 21, 2011

Cooking with the Littles


I have always loved cooking. It relaxes me and makes me feel so good when I see my family enjoying something I made. My daughter is still little, but we have always tried to include her in some way. You would be surprised what even the littlest helpers can do. One of our favorite cookbooks is THE RIVER COTTAGE FAMILY COOKBOOK by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Fizz Carr. It is full of more than 100 recipes that can be made with and by children. It also gives kids a history lesson so they can really know where their food comes from. We try to eat local farm goods and foods and this book really brings home the importance of that. Children are always asking "why?" and it is nice to have the answer.

The latest addition to the best-selling RIVER COTTAGE cookbook series inspires the entire family to venture into the kitchen to prepare delicious, wholesome food together. THE RIVER COTTAGE FAMILY COOKBOOK features a comprehensive repertoire of more than 100 recipes and kitchen projects that cooks of all ages will enjoy: making butter, curing bacon, planting a kitchen garden, and more. This complete cookbook will show kids how quality ingredients are produced, while teaching lifelong lessons about meaningful cooking and eating.

We enjoyed making butter (who would not love shaking cream and having a dance in the kitchen). The Flapjacks (an oatmeal bar popular in the UK) is to die for. I had my daughter's teacher asking for the recipe.
Whether you are just beginning to cook with your little one, or have been doing so for years, give THE RIVER COTTAGE FAMILY COOKBOOK a chance to make it even more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog