Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Vegan Lunch box and Vegan Lunch Box Around the World

Are you finding that your lunchbox and snack-making skills are experiencing a slump? I hear you. I really do not want to send my child with crackers or apple sauce everyday. I am on the constant search for healthy snacks and I love to cook (or not cook if I am going raw). We eat all different kinds of food, from raw, vegan to international. If it sounds good, I make it.

Vegan Lunch Box by Jennifer McCann is a fabulous book full of 130 great recipes. Vegan Lunch Box offers an amazing array of meat-free, egg-free, and dairy-free meals and snacks. They recipes are actually organized into menus so you can plan it all out, and it includes allergen-free indexes identifying wheat-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free recipes. Even the pickiest eaters will find a treat they love! We are huge fans of the Cheezy Roasted Chickpeas. My daughter brought them in for snack, and I had the teacher calling for the recipe.

I love Vegan Lunch Box, but I could not live without Vegan Lunch Box Around the World. This book has 125 recipes from across the globe. Jennifer McCann was inspired to do the book by her son’s request for sushi on the first day of school. This recipe book comes with special icons, letting you know which recipes are especially quick and easy, kid-friendly, and free of wheat, gluten, soy, and nut allergens. We have made so many dishes from this, including the Potato Salad Balls, Cinnamon-Sugar Almonds and Apple Bunnies!

I make the Cinnamon-Sugar almonds at least once a week now, and my daughter thinks the Apple Bunnies are hysterical. You do not have to be vegan to love this delicious, healthy, inspired recipes. Make lunch time fun again!

1 comment:

Search This Blog