Thursday, September 15, 2011

C is for Cookie and Allergy-Friendly Treats for Me!


My daughter recently started school. We went to orientation and they announced that though they wanted parents to send snacks, they must be nut-free. Now if you have no food allergies in your home, you probably have a ton of snacks with either wheat, egg, dairy or nuts in them. Lots of snack items list right on the box that the food was prepared in a facility where they might have come into contact with nuts. What to do? Thankfully, I have been a fan of Enjoy Life products for some time now. All of their items are allergy-friendly, meaning NO wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish or shellfish--the allergens that account for 90% of all food allergic reactions in the United States. Enjoy Life products are also made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites.

Packing the snack/lunch box just got a little easier. When your child is in school he/she might not have allergies but their schoolmates may. It is your responsibility to make sure everyone is safe. I know my daughter loves her snacks, and sometimes fruit does not hit the spot the way a delicious cookie can. Thanks to Enjoy Life, I can pack her delicious Crunchy Cookies. With flavors like Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate Chip, Sugar Crisp and Vanilla Honey Graham, there is something for everyone. These are my go-to cookies for school, outings and we snacked on them all summer at the beach. My personal favorite (being the chocolate lover I am), are the Double Chocolate Chip. I like to being my day with the Double Chocolate Crunch from Enjoy Life (a delicious granola/chocolate treat) and end it with one of these delicious cookies.

If you do not like buying cookies, and want to make your own allergy-friendly cookies and treats, be sure to check out Enjoy Life's Chocolate Baking items. I use the Mega Chunks to make completely allergy-friendly chocolate cupcakes!

Eating allergy-friendly has never been so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog