Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ani's Raw Food Desserts Puts the MMMM in Healthy Eating


As a parent, I feel it is my responsibility to get my child eating healthy. Does that mean we deny ourselves treats and snacks? No way! After becoming a huge fan of Ani Phyo and her delicious raw food recipes, I was super excited to find her "cookbook" Ani's Raw Food Desserts. As I said before, Ani Phyo is the queen of raw or "living food". She has proven that you can get the nutrition and taste you want out of food that is made from uncooked ingredients. I love dessert and so does my daughter, but I often find myself denying or reassigning her when she begs for more treats. I know most of what I can buy is not always healthy,and sometimes fruit alone does not hit the spot. We are in love with this book because it helps us add a lot of nutrition, but tastes so sweet your kid will not even realize how healthy it is. The recipes are easy to follow with few ingredients, so making them is easy and fun. Chef Ani’s easy-to-make sweets are wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, processed sugar-free, and cruelty-free.

We tried a few so far (and I had to remake each one because they were gone within days). The Trail Mix cookies are a great mix of almonds, nuts and dates. The added touch of cinnamon makes them a fabulous fall treat.

The Strawberry Macaroons were easy to make and my daughter loves the pink color. Because they are dehydrated that have a wonderful consistency and the dried strawberries inside give it a delicious strawberry jelly flavor.

The biggest hit are the Lemon Kreamscicles. My daughter literally begs for them. With a mix of cashew, lemon and banana, they are a nutritious vitamin-packed treat. I have to admit I cannot get enough of them either.

Ani's Raw Food Desserts is another big healthy hit for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog