Monday, March 1, 2010

Oopsy Daisy


As an art major in college, I know how important Art is to children. Art inspires and teaches them so much. Tom and Karen Capp of Oopsy Daisy felt the same way! They founded Oopsy Daisy, Fine Art for Kids in 1999 to provide children with art to inspire them. The company now has over 2000 works of art from over 70 artists around the world. They carry everything from stretched canvas wall art, room décor, lamps, rugs to necklaces and placemats. Oopsy Daisy was voted the #1 source for Children’s wall art by Baby and Children’s Product News. A lot of the pieces come with artist biographies so your child really gets to know the process of making art and the origin.

We got to try out the placemats. They are made of vinyl and feature colorful and fun art on one side and a coordinating pattern on the other side. These are by far my favorite placemats for a few reasons: 1. they are lightweight, and wash well because they are vinyl 2. I can bring them with me wherever we go 3. the art is so attractive and a conversation piece for my child and I. If you have ever used a hard plastic placemat, you know they curl and do not always wash easily (without the design coming off). I can spray the Oopsy Daisy placemats and simply wipe with a towel. I also love that they feature unique art and not the licensed character kinds you find in chain stores.

The necklaces are bubble charms on lead and nickel free chains. I do not have to tell you that my girly girl loves hers! They are each unique and fun for your child to individualize themselves and have wearable art.
I also love Oopsy Daisy because they donate to charities that are compatible with the company’s goals for improving kids’ lives. Every year, Oopsy daisy gives back; most recently to non-profits that include The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation, K.I.D.S and ZERO TO THREE.
Really what’s not to love about this wonderful company?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog