Monday, March 22, 2010

The Happy Green Chef!



I love that my child is finally of the age where she loves to pretend to cook. She has a wooden stove that my dad built for her, and she has lots of wooden, felt and cloth food. I was having a very hard time finding pots and pans and dishes that could stand up to her. She often pours water into bowls and cups to “cook” so I knew getting a wooden set would not be the best option. I also knew that she would dent a tin set in about two minutes. After some research I found Green Toys. Green Toys Inc. makes children’s toys from recycled plastic and other environmentally friendly materials. This helps reduce fossil fuel use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Green Toys Inc. was started by Robert van Goeben and Laurie Hyman, two amazing individuals with years of marketing and industry experience. They obviously saw the lack in the market for durable, but safe products for children to use.
We have the Chef Set and the Dish Set. They are super durable, and she can cover them in water to her heart’s desire. We even let her wash them in the sink with our environmentally friendly dish soap. She and I could not be happier. I did not have to settle for cheap plastic that does more to damage the environment than help it, and she gets to be Nigella Lawson, cooking and serving us imaginary treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog