Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shining Star Toys from Star House



If you read this blog, you know I am not a big fan of plastic, flashing toys. Of course we have some we have inherited and even some I have bought on a whim and then regretted. I love finding wonderful wooden toys that actually inspire my daughter to use her imagination, rather than something plastic that guides her with a computerized voice. I was delighted to find Star House on Etsy. I love Etsy for finding handmade items that are so unique. Star House is a true gem. Each wooden creation is so special that you do not mind your child leaving it out-you want it on display. Star House wooden creations are made from sustainable, local poplar wood. They are drawn, sawed, sanded and details are then wood-burned on the front and back. They are painted with non-toxic liquid water colors and finished with beeswax and jojoba oil. From the fairy folk, to Animal and Friend Folk, the colors shine and so will your child's imagination when he/she uses them. My daughter has one of the Phones. She carries it around and pretends to call family and friends from it-and it broadens her vocabulary as she tells stories to family members she does not see everyday. Custom items are also available, and Heather, the Star creator of Star House is so friendly. We cannot wait to get some Fairy Folk and Animal Folk for Christmas this year. I love that the features are so simple, so my child can bring her own story to them.
All Star House Folk come with a cute little book of tiny drawings of the current Star House Folk Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog