Friday, February 7, 2014

Through the Vapour

There are a few "clean" beauty brands that will always make their way into the press for how well they work.  One name I hear over and over is Vapour Organic Beauty.  Their philosophy was one which I wholly supported.

Vapour was founded with the principles of performance and purity as our first priorities.  We are committed to creating healthy products and maintaining environmental accountability.  
Like organic food is healthier to eat, organic cosmetics are healthier to wear.  That's why Vapour is based on Certified Organic, minimally processed, food-grade ingredients.  Vapour contains a minimum of 70% certified organic ingredients with the remaining 30% compromised of mineral pigments and natural vitamins.  Did you know that 80% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your body?  Chemicals are not necessary to make beautiful performance cosmetics; they make cosmetics cheap and easy for manufacturers...Vapour offers pure performance without compromise.

I was lucky enough to try some of the superstars from this amazing brand.  The Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation has become a holy grail item for me.  I was one of those people who never really wore foundation, and this has changed me.  It smells sort of herbal and spicy (which I adore) and make skins glow like you would never imagine.  I have actually had more than one person come up to me to comment on how nice my skin looks.  It gives skin that look that we try so hard to achieve with lighting, tons of makeup and time.  This is magic in a bottle for me.  With a wide range of shades and healing ingredients, it is not to be missed.
Effortlessly achieve the look of radiant, healthy skin and a more even complexion. The Soft Focus line is designed to balance all skin types, including combination and oily skin. Soft Focus leaves a smooth base for color makeup application while achieving a natural soft satin finish.With Vapour’s Light Reflective Technology, the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and pores is diminished. Skin becomes instantly smoother, softer, and more even.Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments and vitamins. Atmosphere nourishes with Organic Pumpkin and Papaya Complex, brightens the skin with Organic Camellia, and is infused with Vapour’s face-specific infusion of anti-inflammatory Frankincense, antioxidant Tulsi, and moisturizing and calming Lotus flowers. 

I finish off the look with Illusionist Concealer .  I could make Uncle Fester jealous with my under-eye circles, and I was nervous that a natural product would not be industrial enough to cover them, but  Illusionist Concealer truly is.
Illusionist quickly and effectively perfects the skin’s trouble spots. It covers dark circles and blemishes effortlessly and blends beautifully in combination with both Vapour foundation formulas.Illusionist has a high pigment load for areas that need extra coverage. It won't deposit in lines and does not clog pores. Illusionist’s light touch instantly gives the skin a healthier and more even appearance.Illusionist Concealer is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments and vitamins. Illusionist nourishes with Vapour’s face-specific infusion of anti-inflammatory Frankincense, antioxidant Tulsi and moisturizing and calming Lotus flowers.All the performance of a professional concealer with none of the chemicals.

I have long been a fan of cream blushes.  They seem to wear more naturally on me than powder can.  I cannot get enough of Vapour Aura Multi-Use Blush.
Aura Multi-Use Blush—Classic gives a natural flush of color. These universally-flattering core colors work on all skin tones and all ages. Give the Vapour glow to cheeks, lips and eyes with one convenient stick. Aura blends like a dream for a polished look in seconds. No wonder Aura is the darling of top beauty editors everywhere.Aura Multi-Use Blush is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% mineral pigments and vitamins. Aura nourishes with Vapour’s face specific infusion of anti-inflammatory Frankincense, antioxidant Tulsi and moisturizing and calming Lotus Flowers.

I have tthe  Vapour Aura Multi-Use Blush in Spark and Courtesan.  They are easily-buildable and actually lost longer on me than chemical-laden cream blushes.  They smell amazing and actually seem to help my skin.  In a pinch you can use a bit on your lips as well for a nice flush of color.  You could realistically throw one of these in your bag and be good to go.  I use Courtesan to give a nice "been outdoors on a mountaintop picking flowers" flush.  Spark is perfect for a subtle hint of peachy color.

Vapour Organic Beauty deserves all of the accolades the brand is constantly getting.  It will remain a staple in my beauty bag.  Going "clean" with my cosmetics has never felt so good or looked so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog