Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Brilliance of Simplicity

The best gifts I ever got for the holidays or special celebrations, were those that were the most simple and allowed me to really express myself.  Flashing lights, sound and batteries really never entered the mix.  In this busy world, I try to keep things simple for my daughter where I can.  We strike a balance.  She can has her mass-marketed items that she "needs" and I try to slip in some simple, wondrous play.  Das Stempelspiel is a German-based company that makes amazing puzzles where each piece is a stamp for children.  These are handmade and are simply gorgeous.

The idea began with parents who stamped with their children and wanted to make it even more special.  These hand-carved works of art are sure to delight any child lucky enough to receive one.  Das Stempelspiel ships quickly and with delightful illustrations by Ulrike Hirsch, children are captured with creativity.    Once they stamp an create, they are inspired to draw whole worlds around their creations.  We have the Water Castle, and underwater creations abound.  Give a gift of wonder, creativity and simplicity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog