Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Good Kind of Dehydration!



Healthy Snacks while we are on the run has always been tricky for me. I often forget what was once fresh fruit in my car or our diaper bag. I resorted to spending a fortune on dried fruit and fruit leathers and crackers for quick snacks that would not go bad in a day if I forgot them. That got me to thinking that maybe I needed a dehydrator. Excalibur is the leading supplier of Dehydrators. We got an Excalibur #3526T which has 5 trays and a 26 hour timer. It is simply perfection!!! The timer switches off automatically when it reaches the time you set, and it has 8 square feet of tray area. It is wonderfully sized for my family, and though the pics looks small, this is one perfect-sized dehydrator. Excalibur has many Dehydrator choices for you. You are sure to find the one to best suit your family needs.

I am a Dehydrator novice, and I literally had this up and running in five minutes. I decided to make fruit leather first, and with the success of that, I did Flax Seed Crackers the very next morning.

I have the ParaFlexx sheets which are reusable for years and help all of your foods come off easily from the trays (perfect for fruit leathers). Other fruits and veggies can go directly on the screen on each tray. These sheets also make clean-up that much easier. I was shocked at how easy it was.

So now I am quite simply, obsessed with my Dehydrator and with the Preserve It Naturally Book from Excalibur, I have plenty of recipes to keep me busy. I love that it also includes recipes for Raw and Living Foods. I am pretty thrilled that I now can save those herbs I spend all summer cultivating (because freezing them does not work for this Product Mommy).
I love that my Excalibur Dehydrator is so easy to use, and that my daughter can help me make the snacks she enjoys. Excalibur dehydrators are top of the line and after the initial purchase, you will instantly realize how much you are saving (a $5.00 carton of strawberries makes two full fruit leather trays). I now know what goes into the food we are eating (you would be surprised what is in your store bough dried food). Eating healthy has never been so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog