Monday, January 4, 2010

Naturepedic...sleep easier and safer!

So many mattresses and mattress pads are full of harsh chemicals that harm children and adults. We recently moved my little one into a "big girl" twin sized bed. I wanted a mattress pad that was not only waterproof, but safe for my potty training toddler. On my search I found Naturepedic. Naturepedic carries everything from crib mattresses and covers to Queen-sized mattresses and covers. We are currently potty-training so I knew it had to be waterproof. We got the Organic Mattress Protector Pad. The one we got is waterproof. It is made in the USA and has two layers of Organic Cotton Flannel, and is so so soft. It reduces uneven temps, and has a convenient waterproof membrane in the center (waterproof version only).
Features DrySleep™ technology, which effectively blocks liquids from passing through while still allowing the fabric to “breathe.” Some water vapor is allowed to escape resulting in less “sweaty backs” and a drier, more comfortable sleep. Provides a soft, non-sweaty and comfortable waterproof barrier (as compared to vinyl and rubber). Also blocks dust-mites and other allergens.

It contains no Vinyl, PVS, Phthalates, Latex and is GREENGUARD® Certified. I can just pop it into the washer and dryer whenever I need to. It secured to her mattress with straps and never wrinkles.

I am the kind that needs to see it to believe it, and this did the trick. I poured a huge bottle of water on it to see if liquid would leak through. It passed the test! I like that she has an organic barrier on her bed, that will also control dust-mites. I also love how soft it makes her bed. Potty-training is stressful enough, and this is one more thing to make it easier, should accidents happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog