Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Moby Wrap


As a new mother, I ran out to get the carrier I saw that everyone else had...except I could not comfortably wear it, and my child screamed inside of it. I bought two different slings, and one was so uncomfortable for me, and the other came with an hour long video to teach how to use it (an hour, for a new mother...yeah, right). I was overjoyed when a friend recently told me about the Moby Wrap. Moby Wrap is the most intuitive and wonderful child carrier. There are many styles to choose from, and you are guaranteed to find one that works for you. The Moby Wrap can be worn in so many different ways. I even had my two year old comfortably in it.

The Moby Wrap original is 100% cotton (that is the one we have. Did I mention I love it?). It is 5.5 meters in length (the Moby D is 5 meters in length), so if fits most adults. Because the design of this wrap uses your entire back and shoulders, you can easily support your child. There are no buckles, rings, fasteners etc.. It comes with an instructional guide which is super easy to use. Your child can rest securely and closely to your body. The Moby Wrap can be used from Preemie to 35 lbs. Preemies are often prescribed to practice "kangaroo care" and this skin-to-skin practice used to increase birth weight. The fabric can hold up to 45 lbs, and most people feel comfortable carrying up to 35 lbs. You can wear your wrap in whatever way you feel comfortable with baby facing you, facing out, sideways, or on your back. It even comes with its own handy storage pouch. It is also machine washable!

The biggest bonus for me is having something I can soothe a child with, that does not hurt my shoulder, and my lower back. My child loved being close to me, and in a sling, but all of the over-shoulder ones hurt so much after hours of walking around with her. The Moby Wrap is the perfect solution. I am kind of bummed that I did not have this from the beginning, and I will not make that same mistake. I encourage moms to look up what they are buying, and try things on, because what the norm may be, is not always the most comfortable. Try out a Moby Wrap and see what comfort and bonding is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog